Friday 12 June 2009

New Blog...

I am a visual and graphics artist based in Leeds-Bradford, UK, working with themes of visionary experience, rock art imagery and Palaeolithic and Neolithic archaeology. My work is in a variety of media from inks and markers on card through acrylics on canvas as well as digital vector art printed on textiles; my techniques include both instinctive and more controlled styles of painting, but the central element throughout all my work is drawing. I am also beginning to move into short film.

I aim in my work to bridge the vast gaps (whether stylistic, social, spiritual or experiential) between the very ancient and the very modern, and a key point of my work is that the archetypal sensations of our ancestors are alive and present within every human being today. From works of visionary art to organic landscapes and mythological narratives, my work has been described as genre-baffling, as a typical example of archetypal expressionism or as an eye-opening depiction of inner visionary experience.

My website is at www.biroz.net. Please visit there for more information and imagery. All images, sketches, thoughts, musings and rants are, unless otherwise stated, Copyright (c) Bruce Rimell.

No comments:

Post a Comment